Thursday, April 5, 2012

Moving...

Well it's official.  We'll be moving to New Mexico in July or August.  This will definitely been an experience, as it's been 8 years since I last moved.  I remember it well enough to recall that moving means a lot of lasts.  So some lasts that are soon to happen:
-Last day in the Boise house.
-Last Region 2 NCFCA tournament.:(
-Last Sunday at VLCC.
-Last time I'll suit up for my football team. (Sadly, that one's already happened...)
-Last day as a part of Firm Foundation Speech and Debate.
...and many more that I'm just not thinking of right now.

However, moving also means there will be a lot of firsts.
-First day exploring NM.
-First Region 3 tournament.
-First day for my dad in his new job. (a HUGE blessing for him)
-First night in a new house.
-First new friend in NM.
-First job for me in NM. (Hopefully!:))
-First day in new debate club. (Hopefully!:))

Well, moving sucks.  There's no denying that.  But it also creates a ton of new opportunities.  Maybe it's just what I need.  So, in light of that, I'm not going to focus on the lasts.  The next few months will be hard, but I'm going to choose to focus on the firsts.  God wants me in NM for a reason, so I'm going to focus on figuring out what that reason is.

No comments:

Post a Comment